Events Associate FT
Division: Kitchen & Events
Reports to: Kitchen & Events Manager
FSLA status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Values: At Prairie Berry we’re committed to quality, authenticity, learning, growth and innovation. We’ve learned that an attitude of gratitude and humbleness makes our business better. We work as a team, cheering each other on, creating fun and making laughter part of every day. We know success is not about today. We strive to make decisions that will brighten the future, not just of Prairie Berry, but of nature and the world. Ultimately, our success depends on balance. We strive for balance in nature and in meeting the needs of the company, co-workers and family.
SUMMARY: The Events Associate serves as a resource for all Prairie Berry events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Lead Event Associate and other event staff with Prairie Berry event set-up and tear-down.
- Work cross-functionally with other department managers and leads.
- Help set up and take down event space.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed in daily operations.
- Serve wine and food to special event guests and follow serving guidelines.
- Ensure all health code requirements are met during the course of service.
- Assist in hosting events, including set-up and tear-down.
- Ensure high quality standards are being met providing a great experience for those in attendance.
- Complete Training Passport within appropriate timeframe.
- Know and follow cash register, opening and closing procedures.
- Deliver and receive feedback in a positive manner.
- Offer an educational experience to event guests.
- Positively respond to requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Notice when help is needed in all areas of the Kitchen or during a special event.
- Willing to work in other Prairie Berry departments or on special projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of one year of related experience working for Prairie Berry Winery
- At least 21 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, equipment, and shift-type vehicles.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Anticipates customer needs and responds appropriately.
- Works in a team environment and performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s policies.
- Works weekends and holidays as well as flexibly in scheduling to ensure staffing needs are met.
- Sells our product and offerings with a personal touch.
- Works independently and as a member of a team.
- Leads by example
- Has a reputation for providing great service to guests and co-workers.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicates professionally in person and on the phone.
- Is passionate about their work.
- Is self-motivated, especially under pressure.
- Likes to have fun at work.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and be able to stand for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times.